Bruce County Public Library offers a variety of non-traditional items that can be borrowed with a library card.
The Bruce County Public Library offers a variety of Audio-Visual Equipment
The Bruce County Public Library offers Binoculars that can be borrowed for free with a library card. These will be a perfect addition to your Provincial Parks free vehicle day pass.
Book Club Kits
Bruce County Public Library’s Book Club Kits are available to all library cardholders for free. Each kit contains 10 copies of a single title packaged in a cloth bag. Kits are available for a 6-week loan period, and library cardholders can have two kits checked out at the same time. Book Club Kits are managed with KitKeeper. This easy-to-use online system allows you to: • Search for Book Club Kits by availability or title • Request Book Club Kits up to one year in advance • View your upcoming Book Club Kit reservations • Receive a notification when your Book Club Kit is ready to be picked up Sign-out sheets and Discussion Guides also available for each Book Club Kit.
How do I reserve a Book Club Kit?
- Kits can be requested in KitKeeper
- A valid email address or phone number is needed to reserve a Book Club Kit.
- The date you choose for your reservation is the date you would like to pick up the kit at your selected library branch.
Borrowing a Book Club Kit
- Library cardholders will receive an email or phone call that their Book Club Kit is available to pick up at their selected branch.
- Book Club Kits will be checked out in its entirety to the person who placed the hold.
- Book Club Kits can be returned to any Bruce County Public Library branch. The entire set must be returned together (all 10 copies and the bag).
- Book Club Kits can be checked out for 6 weeks and cannot be renewed.
What if I need another format?
- For some titles, Bruce County Public Library may have other formats such as large print or audiobooks. Search the Library Catalogue or ask staff to help you find alternative formats.
Interested in joining a Book Club?
- Contact your local library branch to see if any book clubs are currently meeting.
Through the Tackle Share Program, Bruce County Public Library cardholders can borrow fishing rods and tackle for free with their library card.
Grey Sauble Conservation Parking Pass
Great news! The Library now lends parking passes for any Grey Sauble Conservation Area!
These passes follow the same lending rules as the Ontario Park Passes. Patrons may check them out with a library card for one week and passes can be placed on hold for pickup at any library branch. The pass allows free parking at any Grey Sauble Conservation Area and there are 5 passes available in total. From Inglis Falls, to Spirit Rock to Old Baldy, there are 22 areas to discover!
Learning Lab Kits
The Bruce County Public Library offers a variety of Learning Lab Kits that can be borrowed for free with a library card. These kits focus on a variety of different subjects – such as math, music, science, etc. – and include various activities, games and items that help children explore each specific theme.
Light Therapy Lamps
The Bruce County Public Library offers Light Therapy Lamps that can be borrowed for free with a library card. Light Therapy Lamps are used as a tool to help alleviate seasonal affective disorder (SAD) through emitting artificial UV-free light.
Memory Care Kits
Museum Pass Lending Program
All Bruce County Public Library branches have Bruce County Museum and Cultural Centre passes available to borrow:
- Passes offer free admission to the Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre (ticketed specialty programs & events are excluded)
- Passes provide access to an individual or family
- Passes can be borrowed for seven days and are non-renewable
- Passes can be reserved on the library’s online catalogue, in person, or by phone
- To avoid late charges ($1.00 daily, maximum of $10.00) passes can be returned to any Bruce County Public Library branch
Ontario Provincial Parks Pass Lending Program
Beginning Wednesday, February 3rd, Ontario Provincial Parks free vehicle day passes will be loanable from our 17 branches! The passes may be used at any Ontario Provincial Park, and are “vehicle day passes” – which means free admission for everyone in the vehicle. Ontario Parks in Bruce County include: Inverhuron Provincial Park (Tiverton), MacGregor Provincial Park (Port Elgin), and Sauble Falls Provincial Park (Sauble Beach). These passes are valid at all Ontario Provincial Parks. it is advisable to contact the park you plan on visiting in advance to ensure it is open and to reserve a spot (if required). Reserve an Ontario Provincial Parks Pass online. Please contact your local branch for more info
Pedometers and Geocaching
The Bruce County Public Library offers the following items to borrow for free with a library card.
Funded through the generosity of the Community Foundation Grey Bruce, Bruce County Public Library’s Sensory Kits contain a variety of toys to help calm and soothe individuals with autism or other sensory sensitivities. These kits can be borrowed for free with your Library Card. Each kit also contains informational brochures on the County’s services available to children/families as well as the services and programming available through the Autism Ontario – Grey-Bruce Chapter.
We get a lot of snow in Bruce County and the Library can help you to get out and enjoy it! You can now borrow a set of snowshoes with your library card and embrace the winter wonderland.
- There are two sizes of snowshoes – adult and youth
- Each kit includes trekking poles that will help you keep your balance in the snow
- The loan period is one week
- Overdue fines are $0.25 per day to a maximum of $10.00 per kit
The Bruce County Public Library offers a variety of sport kits that can be borrowed for free with a library card. These kits include Ring Toss, Badminton, Pickleball and Bocce Ball sets. NEW!
- Be Active Outdoors Kit
- Be Active Yoga Kit
- Be Active Parachute Play Kit
- Be Active Games kit
The Bruce County Public Library offers a variety of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) kits that may be borrowed for free with a library card. These kits focus on areas such as robotics, circuitry, and coding.
Funded through the generosity of the Eva Leflar Foundation, the Bruce County Public Library offers Ukuleles for the public to borrow for free with their library card. Ukulele song and instruction books are also available to borrow from the Library.
Become a Member
If you are a Bruce County Resident, you can become a member free of charge by completing a library card application at any of our 17 Branch Library locations.Find Out More