In December 2016 an unauthorized third party breached a database that included some of your Lynda.com learning data, such as contact information and courses viewed.
Walkerton Branch Library Juried Art ShowFebruary 8th, 2017 Tweet
Call For Entries
This is an exciting juried exhibition that gives local artists the opportunity to show their work and compete for prizes.
Download the Registration form
Tuesday April 18th to Saturday May 6th, 2017
Walkerton Branch Library, Lower level gallery room
Tuesday April 18th, 2017, 7:30pm
Friday, March 31st 2pm – 6pm
Saturday April 1st 10am – 2pm
Entries will be judged in six categories:
1. Painting,Oil or Acrylic,
2. Painting, Watercolour,
3. Works on Paper,
4. 3-Dimensional and Material Arts
A team of 3 professional judges will select prize winners.
1st Prize $100.00 – 2nd Prize $75.00 – 3rd Prize $50.00
Prize winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony.
BAC will also award a Canada 150 prize.
*Minimum of four enties per category required for prizes to be awarded and only 1st prize if less than six.
Artists must be eighteen and under for entry into this category.
Sponsored by Holst Offi ce Supplies. Prizes awarded to 1st,
2nd, and 3rd place winners.
POPULAR VOTE AWARD
$50.00-Sponsored by Wilfred McIntee & Co. Real Estate. This award will be decided by viewers ballot, to be announced at the conclusion of the show.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Artists must be residents of Bruce or Grey County.
- Entries must be original works, completed in the past two years and not previously shown in the Walkerton Annual Juried Art Show.
- Each artist may submit up to 3 works. A maximum of 2 entries per artist will be selected for exhibition.
- Work must not exceed 3’x4’ and be ready for display. Work to be hung must be equipped with hooks and wires. Show committee reserves the right to refuse any work that is not suitable or unstable.
- If a category has less than 6 entries, only 1st prize will be awarded. If less than 4 entries no prize awarded.
- Entry Fee: each work entered is $10.00 ($5.00 for students). Please make cheques payable to Walkerton Juried Art Show.
- For judging purposes the work will be placed in the following categories:
1. Painting, oil or acrylic
2. Painting, watercolour
3. Works on Paper – includes drawing, pastel, printmaking, collage etc.
4. 3-Dimensional & Material Arts – includes sculpture (any medium), textile, fibre, stained glass, book art
5. Photography – work includes film or digital, printed on photography paper
6. Youth – anyone under 18 years of age using any medium
Friday March 31st from 2pm-6pm and Saturday April 1st. 10am-2pm. Entries must be delivered by hand to The Walkerton Library Gallery, lower level, at 253 Durham Street, Walkerton. Please complete and attach art labels to the back of work prior to drop off.
Work must be picked up during Library Hours, May 9th-13th. Work will be
insured by the Walkerton Library while on the gallery premises. Insurance will
be in eff ect March 31st – May 13th. Work not picked up by this date will not be insured.
Gallery sitters always welcome. Please contact the Walkerton Library for available times.
Show Hours: Sat – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Wed. & Fri. – 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Tues. & Thurs. – 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Download the Registration form