Local Author Collection
Bruce County Public Library has a Local Author Collection to provide access to and promote books created by residents of Bruce County or the Saugeen Ojibway Nation. This collection will introduce library patrons to unique homegrown talent while providing authors with a way to connect with their audiences. Bruce County residents of all ages are encouraged to submit their creative works. Materials will be added according to the following guidelines.
Authors will be notified by email within 30 days of submission as to whether the title will be added to Bruce County Public Library’s Local Author Collection.
- Titles must meet basic formatting requirements.
- Books must be professionally printed and bound. Spiral bindings not accepted.
- Titles must align with Bruce County Public Library’s Collection Policy.
- Eligible titles have been published within the last three years.
- Authors should be a current resident of Bruce County, although authors from neighbouring municipalities may be considered based on expectation of local interest.
- Submissions must be donated to Bruce County Public Library.
- Submit only one copy of your title. Bruce County Public Library will purchase additional copies if required for the collection.
- Submissions become the property of Bruce County Public Library.
- Titles will have a local author spine label affixed and a Local Author will be noted in the item record.
- Materials that are not added to our collection will be placed in the Library’s annual or ongoing book sale.
Please download and submit the following form with your submission.